Get ready for a full spectrum conversion.
To do this, you will need to disassemble the camera.
Download Our Infrared Photography Guide
- How to take infrared pictures with a digital camera
- What are infrared filters available
- How to process infrared images
- How to modify a digital camera for infrared photography
- How to modify a digital camera to a full spectrum
We will need to de-solder 4 different wires to gain access to the sensor.
The glass in the front of the sensor is so called a Hot Mirror (blocks Ultra Violet and Infrared light). By removing it we will make this camera a so called ‘Full Spectrum’ camera.
Assemble the camera. Please take care to raise the flash when reattaching the top section because it can damage the micro switch if it closed during assembly.
Please visit our homepage.
Here are some interesting infrared processing examples.
Is a full spectrum conversion too difficult for you. Visit our shop to check out our full spectrum converted cameras.